This is what I’ve been doing for the last 8 and a bit years. Should you be an organisation in and around SE London that requires someone with my skillset/experience then feel free to contact me via the comments button or @anunknowncomic Thanks.
Julian has worked in the SEND (Special Educational Needs & Disability) department of this mainstream inner-city London school since 2011. He works 1-1 or with a group of designated pupils with conditions such as, autism and ADHD in order to allow these pupils to access the full curriculum. In his time at the school he has worked with children from Year 7, helping them successfully transition from primary to secondary school to supporting Year 11s completing their GCSEs. Julian currently works with children based in the 6th Form.
- He assesses the pupils’ development, focussing on their strengths and devising strategies to aid improvement.
- Utilises resources and strategies to aid understanding.
- Liaises with teaching staff, parents and outside agencies.
- Working alongside Speech & Language practitioners, Julian runs sessions in order to enhance pupils’ communication skills and their ability to empathise, in order to inprove their social interaction with peers.
- Promotes life skills such as building confidence and improving organisation
- Julian has a working knowledge of EHC Plans and interviews pupils to ensure their voice is represented on the form. He also helps students wishing to do work experience fill in vocational profiles.
Should you have a spare 32 mins then check out my comedy prongcast. Cheers