I know the world has moved on from the General Election but I feel everyone needs to read my thoughts, so here goes.
- Firstly, why would you call an election and make it about personality when you don’t have any … erm… personality.
- Hopefully this election has put to bed the idea that Lynton Crosby is some kind of genius. Thankfully the public saw through soundbite politics. It would appear the electorate weren’t prepared to put up with ‘strong and stable’ for 7 weeks.
- Despite their best efforts it would appear the ability of papers like The Sun and The Daily Mail to influence the voters is on the wane.
- The last point may in some ways have something to do with the increase in the youth vote, who don’t get their news from the traditional media.
- And finally it was good to see the experts before the election telling us how it was going to go and then after the election tell us why these things didn’t happen. It’s almost like the political experts don’t really know what the electorate is going to do.
Have a listen to my comedy prongcast. Cheers